VPN and Citrix
Download and Configure VPN
- Go to https://myapps.asu.edu, login, type vpn in the keyword box, and click the Apply button
- You will be presented with the following choices... select based on your operating system (PC, Mac, or Linux)
- Click the Download SSLVPN for Personal Systems button as shown below which starts the download process
- Click on the download to start the installation process (screenshot below is what it looks like on chrome browsers so it might be a little different if using firefox, IE, or Edge). If the download does not start, please check your popup blocker in your browser.
- Follow the prompts to install the VPN software and you will be presented with a box similar to the one below
- Enter sslvpn.asu.edu/2fa and press the Connect button
- You will be prompted to enter your asurite_id, password, and two factor authentication method for Duo (push, phone, sms, or enter a passcode from your smartphone app or key fob). See this page for more information: https://asu.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0015179
- Confirm via Duo using the method specified in the third field. You should now be connected to the ASU VPN
Download and Configure Citrix
- Go to https://myapps.asu.edu, login, type citrix in the keyword box, and click the Apply button
- You will be presented with the following choice (PC and Mac only), click to continue
- Click the Download Citrix Receiver button as shown below which starts the download process
- You will be taken to the Citrix web site which prompts you to download the Citrix Workspace. The screenshot below is for Windows but you will see a similar screen for the Mac download. If the download does not start, please check your popup blocker in your browser.
- After downloading, run the install and then reboot your computer for the Citrix Workspace app to finish configuration.
- If you are accessing Citrix apps like https://adminapps.asu.edu or the HIPAA environment at https://winedsns-new.asu.edu, the Citrix Workspace app will work behind the scenes to initiate and maintain the connection for each application
Page updated on Jun 28, 2021 10:57 am MST