How to navigate and use the application -Click here
The CHS Community Placements team has been tasked with centralizing internship processes for all programs, undergraduate and graduate. Our mission is defined as follows:
- Assisting students in making the connection between the classroom and professional career success.
- Engaging community partners to enhance student learning through internship, research, and other collaborative efforts. Likewise, empowering students to influence health related partners through an evidence based approach and to be a part of developing solutions.
- Leveraging faculty relationships to support internships, research, and experiential learning. Also, supporting faculty curriculum and research goals through the experiential opportunities we help provide.
- Inspire, support, and foster relationships to create innovative and practical processes in support of the mission of the community placements team as well as the College of Health Solutions.
The CHS Placements database was designed with this mission in mind. The platform allows students to search available internship opportunities, obtain contact information for sites, and submit their individual internship learning agreements. Students may also create new internship sites should they find a placement opportunity outside of the database. Currently the system supports primarily undergraduate students with the ability to later encompass graduate opportunities as well.
The CHS Placements database served as the design foundation for the Translational Team opportunity platform. We collaborate with CHS Community Placements team, CHS student interns, faculty supporting, CHS internship courses, CHS advising team, and community partners hosting student interns.
- Carrie Robinson, Executive Director Student Success
- Elaine Rostad, Sr Director Academic Services
- Henry Barto, Director of Information Technology Services
Development of this application is done on a monthly iteration process. Click here to see monthly dates
of migration to test, final production release and other related information is on this calendar
CHS IT performs monthly updates and fixes to the application which are noted below.